Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stockpile

Some of you might wonder why I bought 7 bottles of bbq when I only needed 1.  It's simple, to add to my stockpile.  I was able to get each bottle of KC Masterpiece for $0.50 when they retail for $2.39.  My store had them on sale for $1 and I had 7 MQ's for $0.50/1.
Items go on sale in cycles.  BBQ may not be at that price for another 3-6 months.  If I buy only 1 right now, when I need another in 2 months I would have to spend the $2.39, I don't think so.  The point of buying multiples is simple, get it cheap now so you don't have to pay for it later...pun intended.
There are many other reasons: job loss, helping family or friends, or donating to shelters.
TheKrazyCouponLady has given us more reasons as well. If you'd like to check them out click here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea, but I don't have much storage space. Where do you keep your stockpile?

    Also, how do you get notified of store sales? I clip coupons, but unless there's a sale, I don't save more than buying a store-brand (without coupons).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good questions!
    I am very lucky to have a pantry and a full basement. But maximizing your space is key. Take things out of their packages if you can like razors. Go to a Dollar Store and pick up cheap larger "tupperware" bins to store the smaller things. Get some larger ones for the bigger items. Also look into places like under your bed for beauty items (under bed storage bins are amazing!). Look in your closet for opportunities as well. The plate shelving units for making more space in your cabinets work in your linen closet as well. Just remember where you put everything!
    I rely a lot on TheKrazyCouponLady.com for sales. They have been doing this for awhile and are really good at it. I have "liked" their page and they match up the weekly sale with the coupons needed. In KC you might want to try KansasCityMommas.com (i think you might already). They will get your Price Chopper and Hy-Vee ads. What I really like about KCL is their 3month and 6month stock up price guide. See my Walgreens blog for more info. I will also try to post the links to these sites since some people don't want all the others have to post but maybe just the stores they shop at.
    Hope this helps! Thanks for the questions :)

    ReplyDelete